Friendly’s Ice Cream Company wanted to launch an engaging website with games and fun interactive activities aimed at children 6-12 years old, with the goal of enticing them to the Friendly’s brand and the various creative ice cream products they offer. The art direction was a unique challenge in that the “environment” is completely hand-drawn, pencil-on-paper, then scanned in, colorized, and brought into Flash for animation and placement. Every month a new game is added, and the high-scoreboard tracks the best players from around the world.
April, 2010 Update: The IWannaGoToFriendlys.com website has been taken down, so we are no longer linking to it here. Please view the screenshots above to see the samples of the design work we did.
- Agency of Record: Zimmerman
- Creative Director: (Zimmerman) Jordan Lipton
- Account Executives: (Zimmerman) Scott Thaler, Audrey Mitchell, Alexandra Gresham, Rose Marie Adamo, Juliette Philipson
- Project Management: (Zimmerman) Otilia Amarandei
- Production Agency: FRANK. Worldwide
- Consulting & Project Management: (FRANK.) Abdul Muhammad
- Project Management: (FRANK.) Nicole Remmer
- Design: (FRANK.) Chad Esper and Luke Dupont
- Flash Programming: (FRANK.) Chris Hubert